Frequently asked Questions
1. What are the requirements when retiring?
a. The following documents must be submitted
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage certificate (females only)
- Letter of Confirmation
- Completed Application for Retirement form
b. The following must be completed
- Income tax for the last six (6) years of work.
payments should be up to date. NIS
2. How do I calculate my Pension and Gratuity?
Gratuity = last salary x No. of months service x 12 x 12.5
600 x 4
Monthly Pension= last salary x No. of months service x 12 x 12.5
3. What are the ways to leave the Teaching Service?
The following are the modes of leaving the service:
- Normal retirement
- Compulsory at age 60
- At the teachers discretion at age 55
- With permission from the Teaching Service Commission at age 50
- Medically unfit – the teacher must have at least ten (10) years service and have been examined by the medical board and declared unfit for service.
- On the grounds of marriage.
- The teacher must hold a permanent appointment for five (5) years
- The teacher must have been employed in the service before 14th August, 1997.
- Only a Gratuity would be paid to the teacher using the calculation above.
- The teacher must have served continuously for at least ten (10) years
- The teacher will receive pension and gratuity at age fifty – five.
- The salary for the month in which the teacher dies. Gratuity as calculated above will be paid to the estate.